Ro8-D Firmware V5.10
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.
Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support EEE.
* EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
Caution when updating
From the Firmware V4.1, you can update the firmware at once via the R Remote V4.1 or later. Update the firmware in accordance with the “R Series Firmware Update Guide” and the “R Remote User Guide.” In addition, Dante firmware is also updated via the R Remote software.
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
Fixed bugs in V5.10
- Solved some minor bugs.
Improvements in V5.10
- Corresponded to the hardware change of the Dante module due to some of the discontinued parts.
- When patching the R series and a TF series via the NY64-D card by using the Dante Controller, a warning message “Dante Version Mismatch” may appear for a few seconds on the display of the TF series. In this case, audio signals and HA control are properly available.
- You can remotely control one Rio/Ri/Ro unit from a maximum of six computers operating R Remote. You can also remotely control from four separate CL/QL/RIVAGE PM10/PM7 units.
- When setting up latency on the Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- On the CL/QL, the following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
- # is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)
- * indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or - (hyphen) may be used) Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.
- Make sure that the UNIT ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit, or any other Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2. (### indicates the UNIT ID value).
- However, as an example, a CL/QL series Console ID can have the same ID number as an R-series device.
Licentieovereenkomst en downloadbestand
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.